The early registration fee is $25 online through this Online Registration Link (online registration closes at 11:59 pm on Wednesday, Oct 22nd) or by mailing in an entry form. Printable Entry Form Link
The Peace Race is a USATF certified course — click here for certification details.
Runners can register at the packet pick up sites (see below) for the $25 fee. Runners can register the day of the event beginning at 7:30 am at the Youngstown YMCA for $30.
Saturday, October 25th – Second Sole, Boardman — Meet Dick Beardsley and Bridget Franek!
Come meet Dick Beardsley, the man whose 2nd place finish in the 1982 Boston Marathon became the stuff of legend. Here’s a brief snippet about his book, Staying the Course – A Runner’s Toughest Race:
Honest and engaging, Beardsley recalls his rise from Minnesota small-town kid and mediocre runner to celebrated athlete. He gives an exhilarating description of the Boston race and its unexpected obstacles: he was accosted by a fan, sideswiped by a bus, hobbled by a charley horse, and derailed by a motorcycle cop. He also speaks with great candor of his retirement from marathoning to run a dairy farm, the accidents that followed, his addiction, the humiliation of his arrest, and his struggle to sobriety. Never self-pitying, Staying the Course is inspirational, demonstrating just how much can be endured no matter how long and arduous the race – and the value of what is learned along the way.
Elite Athletes – contact Ted Rupe at email@example.com
Packet Pickup – There will be three opportunities to pick up your packet prior to race morning:
- Thursday, October 23rd, 4 – 8 pm – Eastwood Mall Main Concourse, Niles
- Friday, October 24th, 10 am – 8 pm – Second Sole, Boardman
- Saturday, October 25th, 10 am – 6 pm – Second Sole, Boardman. Meet Dick Beardsley and Bridget Franek!
- Sunday, October 26th, 7:30 – 9:30 – Race Day Packet Pickup at YMCA, Champion Street, Youngstown
- NO shirts and/or awards will be mailed out after the event.
- Bib numbers and chips assigned to runners for the Peace Race will be good for either the 2 Mile Race or the 10 K Race. If a runner elects to switch races from what they signed up for they may do so without notifying us.